skip to main content

Saddleback College



saddleback carssaddleback carssaddleback carsCollege bound
Saddleback College
Matriculation and Financial Aid dates will be published as they are scheduled.


If you are interested in applying to Saddleback College, visit Mrs. Banuelos (room 9) to discuss the process - including completing your FAFSA!!!
  • Our Career Connect class also visits Saddleback annually to familiarize yourself with programs and the campus!
Apply for Financial Aid
  • To apply for Financial Aid, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at FAFSA
Here are a few key things to remember when applying for Financial Aid:
  • To complete a FAFSA, you and your custodial parent (if applicable) will need a Personal Identification Number (PIN)
  • Complete the FAFSA before March 2. If you miss the deadline, you will only be considered for Federal Direct Loans and Pell Grant
  • Remember to list Saddleback College's school code (#008918) in the "School Selection" section of the FAFSA


Financial aid is available to assist in removing the cost barriers that may prevent you from pursuing your educational goals. Most financial aid comes from state and federal government. Financial aid is meant to supplement your family's ability to pay for college costs such as tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation.
Types of Financial Aid
  • Federal Pell Grants provide financial assistance to eligible part-time and full-time students based on need. You must be an undergraduate student who does not have a bachelor's degree or professional degree.
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) are awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional financial need and are Pell Grant recipients.
  • Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a student employment program. Under FWS, students may work part- time and earn money to help pay for their college expenses. Funds are limited.
  • Federal Direct Stafford Loans are low-interest loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher education.
  • California Community College Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOG) waives per-unit enrollment fees for financially qualified California residents.
  • Call Grants are awarded by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) to undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need and academic achievement which is measured by GPAs and scoring criteria. Visit CSAC for information.
  • The California Chafee Grant Program gives money to current or former foster youth to use for career and technical training or college courses. Visit Chafee CSAC  for more information.
  • Local Scholarships- Saddleback College offers a wide variety of scholarships. Students apply for the Saddleback Scholarship Program in spring of each year.
Basic Eligibility
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
  • Have a valid social security number
  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a student working towards a degree in an eligible program
  • Be registered with the selective services (male 18-25)
  • Have a high school diploma or a general education diploma
  • Not be in default on any student loan
  • Not owe a refund for any grant
  • Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress at Saddleback College
  • Must not have a conviction regarding a drug offense while receiving federal financial aid programs.